Director of Athens Area Mediation Service
The Athens Area Mediation Service is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that provides the residents of Athens County with cooperative approaches to dispute resolution. AAMS is dedicated to promoting and supporting reconciliation, integrity, openness and inclusion. By training community members to serve as mediators, sharing communication skills and awareness of social justice, AAMS empowers individuals and community groups to respond to conflict effectively.
The Director is responsible for the overall operations of the organization and maintaining a positive presence in our community. AAMS has a very active board and multiple volunteers available to assist with training, mediations, fundraisers and media communication and networking.
The position of AAMS Director is a leadership role that consists of coordinating four major responsibilities: Leadership, Administration & Management; Development & Fundraising; Mediation, Training, & Programming; and Collaboration & Accountability. The Director will have the option to work remotely or in the AAMS office. The director, in consultation with the AAMS board can opt to delegate and/or complete these responsibilities directly. Both time commitment and compensation will be adjusted based on the distribution of workload.
Weekly hours may range from 15 to 20 at an hourly rate of $25 to $30.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Highly motivated/self-starter
- Commitment to alternative conflict resolution
- Commitment to social justice
- Experience in training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mediation training/conflict resolution experience
- Experience in nonprofit administration
- Experience in social justice education/training
- Grant writing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Leadership, Administration & Management:
- Coordinate, collaborate with and Monitor Staff (paid and university assigned (e.g. student intern))
- Coordinate Volunteer Mediators
- Coordinate Other Volunteers
- Maintain Fiscal records and Corporate Responsibilities
- Manage Databases
Development & Fundraising:
- Grant/Project funding
- Community Involvement & Outreach
Mediation, Training, & Programming:
- Coordinate requests for mediation and weekly AAMS presence at Small Claims Court
- Coordinate Training
- Coordinate AAMS Sponsored Programs
Collaboration & Accountability:
- Attend Meetings
- Prepare Monthly Reports
- Maintain Organized Records and Databases
Persons interested should send a cover letter, resume and contacts for three references to [email protected] by February 8.